Need cat food? Grab this Free Fancy Feast Broths Cat Food Sample!
Don’t feed your cat this brand? Grab the free cat food to donate to your local animal shelter.
This free cat food sample will be available for a limited time. Sample will arrive in 8-10 weeks.
*Also be sure to check out our Homemade Tuna Bite Cat Treats
Check out our other Pet Coupons and Print Coupons right here on Pet Coupon Savings. Thank you for saving with us!
Owning a pet can be very expensive! There are several costs that come along with being a pet owner. As pet owners we all want the very best for our animals. However, sometimes we just can’t financially afford all of the high-cost items. When looking for pet supplies on a budget you will want to try to get the best value for your money. Before you run out to the pet store, take a look at this list. You will probably find some cheaper options than purchasing your pet supplies at a pet store.
5 Ways to Find Pet Supplies on a Budget:
1. Freecycle – If you haven’t heard of Freecycle, now is the time to familiarize yourself with this awesome site. Just about every community has a an active Freecycle group. You will post what you are looking for or what you have to giveaway. Everything on Freecycle is 100% free and no money is to ever exchange hands. You can score free pet supplies, pet food, a dog house and much more just by asking. You might be surprised to see what people giveaway for free.
2. Animal Shelters – Most animal shelters have a variety of pet supplies you can purchase. The prices of these supplies is often times comparable to pet store prices. In order to draw more people in, shelters will often offer sales and other promotions. Visit your local animal shelter to see what they might have to offer. The benefit of purchasing supplies at an animal shelter is you are buying what your pet needs and helping out an animal in need.
3. Dollar Stores – I would not suggest buying pet food from the dollar store but supplies is perfectly fine. You can pick up balls, food bowels, leashes and other pet supplies at your local Dollar Store.
4. Second Hand Stores – You can find a variety of pet supplies at second-hand stores. Sure, it might take a little time to find what you are looking for but you can save a lot of money! Some of the most common things you will find for pets at second-hand stores are dog houses, scratching posts, crates, aquariums and toys. Before you run out and pay full-price don’t forget to take a look at your local thrift shop.
5. Warehouse Stores – Places like Costco and Sam’s Club have a large selection of pet supplies. Most of the items are discounted since you are buying in bulk. Pet food, bones, treats, soap and potty pads are just some of the items you can purchase at a warehouse store. Most warehouse stores also have pet bedding, shelter and toys available at a discounted rate.
Do you have any personal tips about how to find Pet Supplies on a Budget? Please share in the comments below.